Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You do you....Like a Salad.

Individuality - The aggregate of qualities and characteristics that distinguish one person or thing from others; character

Quickly...I'd like to emphasize on the the things that i really find important. I've written about it before. First...A quote.

I know now that most people are so closely concerned with themselves that they are not aware of their own individuality, I can see myself, and it has helped me to say what I want to say in paint.
Georgia O'Keeffe

I know that i am VERY different from most. I have been told that i am more comfortable with myself. I have been told that i am talented and that i have a bright future about me. I use my individuality in my writing and I've been told that i am a very successful writer. I use my unique experiences, habits and POV's to help others and express myself. We are all very different from each other and everyone can contribute something to the world. The best part of contributing to the world is that you end up contributing to yourself. Your confidence swells. Your life becomes meaningful. You feel an internal transformation. Some people want everyone to be the same. They want America to be a "melting pot". They want the WORLD to be a "melting pot". Here's the point....straight from my AP English Class.

The world is not a melting pot and it will NEVER BE a melting pot simply because we are all different. The earth is more of a tossed salad. Things stick out more. Some things are more colourful and some things are smaller. Other things are out of sight. The best things are the things that look normal but taste incredible. We all have a unique flavour about us and it's the greatest thing when you share your flavour with others. It makes the world a better place. Individuality is the new assimilation. We are all great, different, beautiful people. Share yourself with the world. Add a little more colour. Stand out a little more.
beGolden
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. I agree :)
    I saw the term melting pot and immediately though, "no, tossed salad" and i'm glad you got to that point.

    ReplyDelete