Thursday, November 26, 2009

Out of the closet...into the sun...

acceptance - The act or process of accepting...yourself, others, an idea etc.

You know EXACTLY what this post is about. In the last couple weeks I've had to look long and hard at my sexuality and how people look at at me because of it. People have said some very rude things lately and I'm aware that they always will. I've heard people say that they would kill their children if they were gay...some say that all gays are going to hell. What do i say to that? I say, you're ignorant...let me educate you. To every person who says "you chose to be gay" I ask... Did you choose to be straight? To every person who says "you're a sinner" I say...."So are you!" There are a lot of ways you can combat the anti-gay. Use the bible against them...people who are without sin can judge....so no one should be judging...Makes sense, don't it. But this isn't the point of this post...the point is security and acceptance. I've have learned to love myself in spite of what everyone says. Its a valuable shield...I accept myself and to hell with those who don't accept me. I chose to educate and those who don't accept the knowledge...well screw 'em.

People need to learn to accept themselves no matter what. They need to learn that they are beautiful and no one can take that from you. There is nothing sinful about being true to yourself and how you were made. Ignorant people can learn a thing or two from those who are different. Love yourself...educate the non-believers...step out of the closet.
beGolden
Jahmal

4 comments:

  1. acceptance is one of the most important traits EVER. if you can't accept other people you're hurting yourself as well as other people. this world would be so boring if everyone were the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Matt. i think its rlly nice how you stand up for yourself and your opinions. it's cool and i admire you for being yourself and not letting this make you sad or angry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliantly and simply put, jahmal. love you, mom. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Jahmal, you hit the nail on the head. Your words are still ringing true in my mind.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete