Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Music Be With You...Turn on yo ipods, yo.

sustenance - what keeps you afloat.

Last night, on the brink of sleep I launched out of bed, grabbed a pen and scribbled "Music" on my wrist in the dark. You could imagine that it wasn't too neat. Still, I had this epiphany. I have been amerced in portable music since this time 5 years ago. Everyday I listened to music on my walks to the bus stop or anywhere, actually. I've been developing new tastes and getting new music illegally and otherwise...sue me. Anyway, I really enjoy music and I sorta need it to get through life. I couldn't last without listening to my songs every morning and when I'm alone in my house. In fact...I'm listening to Looking Out by Brandi Carlile right now. I need music everyday! Don't you?

Music is the only thing that can pass into our thoughts without effort. It's something that keeps me afloat. I think it's a good practice to listen to music before you start your day. It sets the mood! I have friends that have dedicated their lived to music. It seems to be essential. Listen to music. Amerce yourself in it and let it take control. It's a good type of meditation, people! Don't just take my word for it...Go ask around. C: It's real!
beGolden and Jam a lil.
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Jahmal. Putting on some music first thing in the morning can set your mood for the entire day, so listening to cheerful music when you get up can be good for you in many ways.

    ReplyDelete