Thursday, February 11, 2010

the quirkier things...

quirky - A peculiarity of behavior...that's alright...

Lets give 'em a quick post while I'm in school...Lemme tell you about one of the weird things i do. You see, I write EVERYTHING in my Italian leather diary. I write my dreams, my ideas, my crushes, my lovely thoughts, my dirty thoughts....everything....Its a great release. It's how i keep track of myself and where my mind goes. Not many people write in a diary anymore...Not many BOYS write in a diary at all. Its one of my little quirky things. Everyone has a little quirky thing. One of those things that we do that don't make sense all the time but still they feel really good. Sometimes i like sleeping in all of my clothes. Sometimes i like to lay on the floor...only when I'm upset at night though. I like to listen to music while I'm in the shower. I ADORE baking when i have nothing else to do. The the list of my quirky things is biblical in scale. Everyone has some quirky things....if you don't...get one. Or a dozen.

Sometimes we do things that don't make sense and don't mean anything to other people. These things feel good sometimes. They feel better than they would to others. Still, its good to have a few quirky things. Its good to have some quirk to us...it proves that we aren't the same as our neighbors. It keeps us mentally and spiritually healthy sometimes. Sure, we may be the only one who...for example...likes to eat peanut butter while reading Oprah's Magazine. But if it feels good...have at it! If we're lucky...we'll find someone that does the quirkier things that we do. Point...Don't be afraid to give in to the quirkier things.
beGolden
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment