Thursday, February 25, 2010

The truth...and why its not always what's needed to be told...

Blunt - Abrupt and often disconcertingly frank in speech

This is a short post because there is an easy response to this. I had a friend that hurt people's feelings with the "truth" in pursuit of honesty. Apparently, people liked him because of it. I don't. Most people don't. Something are better left unsaid for the sake of others well being. My feelings were hurt on multiple occasions by this person. Here's the point...

People can be rude, bitter and hateful. Sometimes these people are like this in pursuit of something innocent. Some people are bitter and blunt just to be honest. Some people are rude for the sake of others. Still, there are some times for you to be honest. Other times, keep the "truth" to yourself. Being mean because what you say is the truth doesn't make you a good person. It makes you seem cruel and heartless. Sometimes people ARE just cruel and heartless. Still, you need to know that sometimes you keep the truth to yourself. Honesty isn't always nice. Some subjects aren't for you to tamper with. Know that there are boundaries that you mustn't cross. I have one more thing to say...

People that put down others and hurt their feelings just to be honest are sad and disgusting people. There is NOTHING noble about hurt others. Words sting and so they should be used wisely. Don't take it upon yourself to be the bearer of the truth....because it makes YOU seem like an awful person. Of course, there are some times that the truth is necessary. There are times when it's crucial to vocalize. Still...pick your words wisely. Be kind. Be sincere.
beGolden
Jahmal

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting to me because I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of truth, as well as the idea of honesty. I don't think we should tell the truth just to tell the truth, however. I want there to be a better reason behind it. I don't want to hurt people, and often keeping things to myself prevents unnecessary issues. On the other hand, I do value honesty highly, and sometimes I would rather be hurt by someone than not know how they really feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's important to be honest, but to be sensitive to the way the truth is conveyed. some things can go unsaid, but for the most part i want to know, i just don't want to be told in a way that's going to make me feel worse
    i guess, if you're quiet about it then the argument could go either way but once you start lying to save someone from the truth, then there's a problem

    ReplyDelete