Friday, December 25, 2009

the Crush…and how it can be unhealthy

Wishful Thinking - Identification of one's wishes or desires with reality.

A lot of people dread crushes in high school for a number of reasons. Sometimes, the crush can shape who you are and make you uncomfortable being yourself. The other part of that is wanting people that don’t want you. A lot of people admit to having crushes that are completely unrealistic. The emotion that you feel from this crush is very real but actually being in a relationship with this person is very improbable. When I was in eight grade, I had my first real crush. I was 13….he was 17. Not only that but he was straight. I was stupid and got dumber every time he was in my presence. People teased me because of this crush. I didn’t care much. I was in love…I was. But it wasn’t a desirable feeling. The years past and it was time for my crush to go off to college across the country. The tears would well up. I told one of his best friends about the crush and she was supportive. She said I needed to get over it, in more words than that. Then she told him…for my sake, of course. He spoke to me and told me that I was too young for him. He didn’t mention his sexuality…I don’t remember him doing so. Nevertheless, it wasn’t meant to be. I still love him. I still wish I would have him. Most of all, I wish he would want me. I like feeling pursued. I’ve moved on though.

The point is this….Don’s waist your life on the impossibilities. It’s unhealthy. Wishful thinking is tolerable in small doses but dot let it consume you. Everyone likes to feel wanted. Everyone wants and though most of what we are is out of our control…We have to pursue the pursuable and those who want us. Want and be wanted. Love and be loved. Keep positive thoughts though. Just don’t be disappointed if you hit the stars when chasing the moon. High hopes…Just don’t get carried away. There will always be someone who wants you that you’ll want in return.
beGolden
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment