Wednesday, May 26, 2010

not just chocolates...

Indulge - To allow oneself unrestrained gratification.

The theme of indulging has come up a few times in my life, of late. I realize that I've been doing something kinda wrong. I go to the cafe and meet a friend. I cant seem to go to the art gallery with out company. I kinda have become dependent on the 'social' aspect of fun. I cant do fun things without friends quite often. So...I decided to go to a festival here in Rochester ALONE! (duh duh duuuuuuhhhh...yeah) I thought it might be a little frustrating and i thought I'd feel lonely. Instead...I had an INCREDIBLE time! I even saw some friends. It was superb. I went to a place, alone, and i made it as fun as i could...ALONE! I bought sweets and at the alone. I got myself a new pendent. I had fun with myself. That was great...The point....

Sometimes, you need to just do fun and great things for YOURSELF. Sometimes its good to just go to the library alone and sit in silence. Its good to go for a walk and absorb all that's happening around you. Sometimes its good to just enjoy yourself...So go out and have a little fun by yourself. You don't look pathetic...You're doing it for you and THAT is a great thing. So go get yourself something nice! Something BIG! Not just....well...I already used it in the title.

beGolden, laugh, smile and be happy with you!
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment