Thursday, October 21, 2010

Joanna Newsome and why I love her...

pacify - to soothe.

I listen to Joanna Newsome. She's a singer that play the harp and, frankly, I believe she is the greatest lyricist when it comes to music since...I can't even compare her. I adore most of her music and I quote her all the time! She's incredibly inspiring and very poetic. There is one thing...She has a bit of a strange voice. It can be shrill and squeaky and I love her, but some people don't acknowledge her awesomeness because she sounds different. And I say, "But her words, she's awesome!" And you say, "But she sounds weird, ew." Guess what...There's a point in this! Joanna sounds "weird", but what of her words? What of what she has to offer? Do you get it yet?

People are all different and "weird" and they can sound "weird" and they can look "weird" and some stop their perception of people based on the surface. My voice, my body doesn't make me or you or anybody. Joanna is making THOUSANDS because people love her voice, her words and her SELF. You can do anything because someone can and will love you, your voice, your personality and all. God's work isn't done by god...It's done by people. (Ani Difranco)
beGolden and beLoved
Jahmal

1 comment: