Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reach for the stars...Young Arts competition

aspire - to have ambition - a goal.

You hear everyone say, "I'm not doing (BLANK) because it wont do any good for me." A lot of people don't strive for some things because they feel as though they'll fail, ultimately not having achieved anything. This "why do it?" attitude is the worst! People! We have to try things despite those feelings! If everyone chose not to do something because it was hard or because they might fail, no children would be naturally born. Astronauts would have never landed on the moon...or did we?? O.O No one would graduate from high school or, god forbid, COLLEGE! Nothing of meaning would ever get done. I'm fortunate to be surrounded by a lot of progressive and inspired youth, though. Teens in my class submit to different competitions and a lot of us win things! I'm submitting to the national YoungArts competition. It's extremely competitive and very prestigious. I say, bring it on. It cost a little to submit, but, if I win, it'll all be worth while. Even if I get an honorable mention, that would be enough! But I'm reaching...You should too!

Here's what...Get excited, motivated and inspired. Do things because you know how it would feel to win. Do things because you know how it feels to just be apart of things! Put some elbow grease in it! Don't stop because you think you might fail...Strive to be the best. You might surprise yourself and others.
beGolden
Jahmal

P.S. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you luck in the competition, Im going to submit something next year :)

    ReplyDelete