Sunday, February 20, 2011

the beauty in solitude

The poet and singer Tanya Davis wrote a poem entitled How to be Alone. This poem explores the idea that being alone is a time to meditate and to exist without people around. She expresses repeatedly that being alone is not wrong nor proof that there is something wrong with you. I have a testimony. I used to sulk in my loneliness. Ten years ago, to be alone separated me from my peers. This very second I'm typing a post in a big chair for one in my favourite cafe. No plates. No cups. Nothing. Although I'm pondering a chai latte...we'll see.

Take Tanya Davis' lesson and use it. Look up the poem on YouTube, watch it and be moved. There is NOTHING wrong with just BEING in public. Find a place and commit to yourself.
BeGolden
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment