Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Burdens...and why you're not one...

Burden - something oppressive or worrisome...

One of my friends considered himself a burden in the eyes of his family. He felt ungrateful and unworthy of his parent's love. He often worries about his parents more than he does for himself. He considered himself a burden because he wants to help as much as he can and doesn't think his efforts are significant. Hearing this struck me hard far a few major reasons.

1. This friend of mine is the nicest, sweetest, most giving friend i have.
2. I know his help and company is appreciated in the house he lives in.
3.I love this friend so entirely..and i hate to hear words like these come out of anyone's mouth. Especially his..

In an effort to show him how wrong he was..i flipped the script. I reminded him that his parents love him. If they knew that he felt this way, they would feel terrible. Many teens many feel this way sometimes. I definitely know how it feels and its frustrating. To those who feel unworthy of the lives they were blessed with I say; Burdens are free loaders and unwanted company. If you weren't wanted/loved then you wouldn't be here...I'm very sure that you aren't one of those. If I'm wrong...do something about it. Give more and more will come to you. Minor things can make a mother's day. Know that your parents love you...show that you love them back.
beGolden andlet tbe weight lesson
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. i think i used to feel like this. i would go between trying to be extremely helpful to just not caring at all. it's so sad how many people think of themselves this way. and definitely i agree that the best way to help is doing minor things a lot of the time. you are such a good writer. <3

    ReplyDelete