Tuesday, July 28, 2009

like...ya know.

Conviction - A fixed or strong belief

See that vocab note up there? Speak with some. American children everywhere have somehow forgotten how to fabricate honest statements without a hint of uncertainty at the end...like, ya know. Its getting stressful hearing the "like"s all the time. They have been know to pop up at school, at the dinner table and especially at the mall. Its getting tiring having to have this very talk with more than half of my school on a regular basis. It gets ridiculous having to count the likes during second period. One of my favorite poets had this to say in a group peace entitled Silence. "When ever you speak from somewhere that isn't your heart you are mute to me!" I'm not telling my readers to ignore everyone that says like after everything...but i am thinking it a little loudly, ya know. I just want people to put into consideration that no one takes people seriously if they don't know what they're talking about. A lot of people really don't know what they are talking about when they say like, and it shows. Others just choose not to speak as if they know anything because everyone else is, like, doing it. People write whole poems about the lack of conviction in our youths speech these day. Another one of my favorite poems wrote a poem entitled Speak with Conviction. His name is Taylor Mali (Please check it out).

I have this to say. Speak with a little confidence in what you are saying or else no one will care. The only people that will care are the people that do it themselves. Teens make themselves sound really special unintentionally. Just acknowledge your verbal habits. That's all i ask. Then choose to act on them. Like, that might help.

I feel as if I'm just attempting to help people work on themselves so that they don't go through the hell that some kids did. Just helpin' people grow a little, one post at a time.
beGolden
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment