Monday, July 6, 2009

Times, they are a changin....so find a life preserver

Relief - The easing of a burden or distress, such as pain, anxiety, or oppression

Thank you all for following. I have been incredibly lazy lately. Its sad. I was writing little notes and gathering new inspiration. I forcing a lot of my readers to follow the damn blog (thanks again). I was complaining, getting pissed off and stressing. But its all out of my system now. And I'm ready to write. Just so you know, the Icelandic music helped a lot. It may be slightly emo but it sure as hell helps. The best part is that I've been soaking in this song about a boy lost at sea. Its beautiful and it helps me think. This song is there whenever I'm pissed off or stressed about some bull. I wish i had this music during the school year, ya know. I hardly feel stressed out when listening to it. I was drowning in a sea of bitchassness before i got to my emo Icelandic music. Now, i have a life jacket. And it feels fabulous. By the way, i know you might be thinking that I'm going on about some band that you've never heard of. But there is a point.

Here it is, I'll leave you with this.
Times get shitty. Slow summers can be a drag and so can stressful school years. A lot of people find themselves drowning in school work and stress. But there is always a life jacket if you search hard enough. Find something that you can always go back to. Something that can clear your mind and relax you. Meditation can be extremely helpful. I have my emo Icelandic music. Keeps me afloat. What about you? Find your life preserver. Comes in handy sometimes. ++
beGolden
Jahmal

I added a bunch of new shit for you to use. Comment on EVERYTHING!! I will be monitoring. I really want to read what you all think. Much love to my readers. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how that whole life preserver thing works. It reminds me of the "tentacles and anchors" from the book It's Kind Of A Funny Story... if you haven't read it, I'd suggest it!
    Mine, in terms of music, would be The Weepies (nice and mellow lyrics and music... vocals are beautiful) and Kimya Dawson's album My Cute Friend Sweet Princess.
    I'd like to know about this Icelandic emo band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. comment :)
    life preservers are always good
    and you have new music??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this post :)
    i don't usually wish just cause i never know what to wish for but thats just me
    wish away! haha...wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that music helps me a lot, too. (i love The Weepies!!) i actually made a playlist of all of the songs I own that make me happy no matter what, and I listen to that whenever I feel sad or whatever. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete