Tuesday, July 7, 2009

missing 11:11

Wishful Thinking - Identification of one's wishes or desires with reality.

I wish at 11:11 nightly. Its a thing that i do. I don't remember where i picked it up....i don't know the "deep" meaning of it. i kinda just do it for me. I'm in love with the concept of it. It fascinates me that there is a minute in time where magic is possible. I wish for big and small things alike. Its just a little small thing i do. I also like to wish on my eyelashes. Its a strange habit of mine as well. I picked that up from an old friend in elementary. Strangely enough i know a lot of people that do it. Wishing at magical minute length times and dead hair is something i do with hopes that my wishes come true. Honestly, I believe that if i wish hard enough, my wish will come true. Its just something i do to stop myself from working hard to achieve my goals sometimes. We all do it. We hope to god that something will get done without us putting in the work. We ignore the laws of equivalence. You get what you put in....and wishes don't count for much. I do it because I'm a PRO-crastinator. I get frustrated with myself and just wish my worries away. Its a habit. I missed 11:11 tonight. I call that a wake up call.

Put in some effort. Wishing your problems away is a waist of energy and wishing. It's unrealistic and its a cop out. Today i decided to put in more work than i do sometimes. Its a realistic way to get work done. But....11:11 is still a little magical. A wish a night wont hurt. Just try not to depend on a minute of magic.
beGolden
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. I wish every chance I get. 11:11, eyelashes, wishing wells- you name it. I think I wish for the mere reason that it's just fun. It also, a lot of the time, gives me strength to put some effort into it. It's a weird way to put it, but I think you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete