Friday, July 17, 2009

a responce of sorts.....your sacred self

I push the subject of beauty in all shapes and sizes. Its something that i have a strong feeling for. I have a passion for making people see how beautiful they reallly are. Beauty is beauty and its all around us. I feel bad for everyone that disagrees....

I have already pushed this point in blog form, but i wrote a poem about it a while ago. I hope you enjoy it. This is about breaking free from the self hate that plagues many teens in america. This poem is dedicated to everyone that stuggles with self hatred as a result of the people they associate with, the media around them, and the society they live in. Strive to help people see themselves as beautiful. It could save a life....

begolden
Jahmal

I Change For Myself
Jahmal B. Golden

I wrote a mirror,
and identifies myself.
Lost in my own eyes
I recalled my beauty
and smiled.
I wrote a mirror
and realized
that i had no flaws.
I plucked them off
in my mind...
let them hit
the holy ground
upon which i was standing.
Satisfied,
i grinned.
At last,
I had found my beauty.
My inner god.
At last,
I recognized the radiance
of my ego
and am now at rest
with my
familiar.

2 comments:

  1. simply beautiful!! you have a wonderful amazing way with words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love, it's sara dill. i just read through a bunch of your blog. It is lovely. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete