Friday, June 26, 2009

kick it...

Habit -A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition.

I bite my fingers....sick right. I even think its gross. But its a habit. I chew at them and bite my nails off...i quit every once and a while but it all ways comes back. I'm recycling my old habit. They say that in 21 days you can form a habit. Logically it takes that long to replace one bad habit with a good one. I try that sometimes....but i always seem to fail. Its depressing at times but it seems like i only do it when I'm stressed. Its like my trigger. So...when the stress is on...the biting starts. It seems like I'm rambling but there's a point to this. There are worse habits to get into, and most people between 13-17 fall into some very typical teen related bull. Each day, nearly 6,000 children under 18 years of age start smoking; of these, nearly 2,000 will become regular smokers. That's almost 800,000 annually. 18.8 percent of underage drinkers are binge drinkers and 6 percent are heavy drinkers. It takes 21 days to start a habit...even ones as negative as these. You start when you're younger but with age comes more suffering. They just get worse and worse as you get older.
Kick it...now or never.

I have a bad habit too. There are very negative effects this could have on me...but I'm trying to kick it. If you have a bad habit...try your best to break it...god forbid it get worse. Then what?
beGolden
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. 21 days!!!! that is so long
    i have tried to start and end many different habits but obviously my will power isn't that strong
    i shall work on that :)

    ReplyDelete