Friday, June 19, 2009

Like oil...

Tolerance - The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

Today, on a walk, i was called a faggot. I was stared at and mocked by a group of people that i didn't even know. I asked one of my old friends if they hated gay people. He wondered why i asked and i told him that i was gay. I told him about the people and what they said and he gave me a very important life lesson. The people that beat you down either fear you or envy you. This is something that you're told repeatedly but this time it really sunk for me. This man disregarded that i was gay. He told me that if I felt alright with who i am then everyone that doesn't approve doesn't matter. He pointed out the people that i encountered earlier and told me, bluntly, that those men aren't doing anything with their lives. They are destined to either die or go to jail because they make the wrong decision on the regular. To get home, i walked the same way that i came. Only this time, i was like oil and their words were water.

Somehow, people that hurt you know that you're better than them. Somehow, humans give off an energy that effects everyone they encounter. If your glow is too bright then someone will try break you down. Its sad and true. But today, i learned that words don't hurt if you let them roll off of you. Let your glow burn bright in spite of what haters say. Don't give them the honor of breaking you down. If someone is trying desperately to hurt you, take it as a compliment. You're so great that people around you can feel it. You're haters are just jealous of your glow. Let their ignorance roll off of you.
beGolden
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. I'll take that to heart. :]

    No but seriously, homophobes seriously have like no future. If you can't tolerate others, there's no way you can make yourself someone people tolerate.
    Plus, you can go to jail for hate crimes. :D

    Walk tall, baby.

    ReplyDelete