Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Beginning....reboot and resetting...

Rebooting - to restart/refresh.

I took the summer off as you all can tell. I took the summer to do some other things...working, photography, partying, hanging out....etc. Now I'm back and there's lots to say. Here we go!

So, I'm a senior in high school now. I'm a creative writing major at an arts school and I've grown as a person SO much. I've become a better writer, friend, thinker, reader and overall person in a year. I've fallen in love...I've fallen out of love. I've had fun and I've cried. I've rushed and I've relaxed and I've discovered the following...I am not intricate nor simple and i love it. I am an exceedingly unique person and i wont explain me for anyone. Why do you care? Because you are the same. You are not someone to just figure out and you should let people know that. You are your own person and you should be treated as such. Everyone is beautiful in some light but everyone's truth changes colour depending on the atmosphere. We have much to learn of people even though we've been around them forever. There are many lessons we much learn to make it in the world...I'm one of the people who supplies the lessons. I teach based on my experience and I'd like to think that I'm good at what i do. So lemme give you the first lesson of a new school year...or just a new year in life.

Summer is a time or relaxation and fun. Its a time of scrambling for comfort and rejecting all that isn't comfortable. We play. We laugh. We eat. We enjoy. But then fall comes. Fall is a time for relaxation too...but a different kind. Its a time to find a different type of comfort in sweaters and scarves. Its a time to prepare for winter and enjoy the changes that are happening around us. It's a time to reflect...for we change like the leaves in autumn. This is a fabulous part of life...being able to just evolve when we put our minds to it. Well...PUT YOUR MINDS TO IT! A little change is a good sometimes. In other news...School has started for some and we have to change our ways of thinking. It's no longer time for short shorts and beach parties. Its a time for learning and education for most of our day. This isn't a terrible thing...Its good to learn!! But just know that we have to transfer our energy into a different place.

Autumn is a new season...Its a new season for the earth and a new season for you. So...Go experience and grow! Start something new! Get a new positive habit and do what is necessary. Be happy and watch the earth change around you. A season can pass in a second. So can you. So take advantage.
BeGOLDEN and grow
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment