Tuesday, September 14, 2010

the moments...Polaroids and you

reminiscent - ending to recall or suggest something in the past.

So...I'm writing a piece or two about the memories I have of my greatest friends. I have one about my friend Laurel and it’s about how I always imagine her in sepia and in autumn. There's a distinct way I remember her and it’s preserved in a Polaroid I’ve never taken of her. Its brilliant actually...your imagination is a camera and Photoshop put together. This'll be short, people.

I hold a lot of people in moments in time where I loved them the most. Its just something people do to remember being happy and people around them being happy. I looked at an old picture this morning of myself from 2nd grade. I was sitting against a wall smiling bigger than ever. It was pleasing to remember me as i was and compare it to how i am now. So, here's where you come in...Don't forget the moments. Don't forget how happy you were and how happy they were. Don't forget their names. Don't forget the locations. Some days you need to remember the happier times to move on. So keep your mind an expanding photo album...for those days when you need it.

beGolden
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment