Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flip it...fml solution

fml - fuck my life...

I've been doing a lot of writing. I've been editing and rewriting and it feels great. I've taken a lot of time out of my day to write and explore my talents. I was asked to present a piece to my class and i was delightfully excited...you don't even know. I enjoy presenting to people and that's part of the reason i have this blog. Well...I got to school and i plugged my flash drive in. BTW...My flash drive has all of the new updates I've made this week. I didn't back it up yet. The title and that BTW prolly explained it all. My flash drive wont recognize...I was shocked. This meant that, if my home desktop couldn't recognize it, i would be forced to redo all that i had worked on this week. I would have to face the shoulda coulda woulda...So i shut down. At 9 pm, i sat down and covered my head with my arm. I closed my eyes and tried desperately to sleep and forget. Its a coping thing. Then i got a message from my mother. Yes, people...texts can be inspiration too.

Sometimes life knocks you over the head. Its a greeting thing that some higher force has. Sometimes you spill coffee on your lap...sometimes you step in shit...Sometimes you forget to back up. When this happens you have choices. You could cover your head and try and forget. You can cry and wish that it wouldn't have happened. I, personally, prefer to flip the situation. I chose to change my luck...I'm altering my reality. When i get home at 3:30, I will try to recover my files. If this fails...I'll just do it over. I had fun writing this week...Whats another night of warm clothes, good food and my fingers dancing on a keyboard. I have no real problem here! Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that it isn't that bad. Sometimes you have to change your fml into a ygoi. YGOI - YOU'LL GET OVER IT! That is one of the few truths we have in this world. The only constant in the world is change. So change you or let your circumstances do it for you. Sometimes you just have to change your reality...
BeGolden
Jahmal

1 comment:

  1. I love the last sentence. "Sometimes you just have to change your reality..." absolutely amazing J!

    B

    ReplyDelete