Monday, September 20, 2010

easy A and that...A night to remember

Chance - Meant to be - ness...

I wanted to go to the movies all day saturday. I just wanted to leave my house and go celebrate a little. I'm enjoying life right now...I just wanted to go have fun. A series of events occurred I would have never expected.

For starters, one of my best friends texted me in the midst of my frustration and told me to meet her downtown for coffee. I hopped on a bus, looking good of course, and i arrived at Java's, home of the Kinky Reggae! It was, dead hot in there so we sat outside for a moment. Then we decided to eat Dim Sum next door...The food was incredible. The rolls were perfection and the dumplings...oh god, those dumplings. We laughed a lot and then we left. We walked around a bit and saw a lot of people that we didn't expect to see downtown at 8 at night...After saying high to about 6 friends in a row, we met a young man that, while I was in the shadow, thought I was a girl. He greeted us with "HEY! LADIESS!" My friends died laughing...I cleared my throat and he acknowledged my gender. He was cute, so i let it slide. I pointed him the direction he needed to go and we parted. While crossing the street I almost got hit by more of my friends. They demanded i come back to Java's after i walked my dinner partner to the bus stop. Mind you, I havent scene these guys in 4-5 months or so. I walked my girl to the bus stop and we had a laugh or two...new quotes to share. New insiders. It was great. I got to Java's and we talked for a bit. While there I met a woman and she was incredibly sweet and we had a great discussion. We loved each other's personalities and she said i looked great. She did too. I adore kind people....Correction: I love Java's after dark...For SURE.

The people I was with now wanted to go the movies....Are you joking? Please insert word of the post here... We went on a journey to the movie theatre making FAR too many jokes on the way and even in the theatre. For the record...Easy A was one of the greatest movies ever. I loved it. WE loved it. You should go and see it. I expected it to be good but...I didn't expect it to be incredible. We left....Incredibly humored and dropped off a person in the car. We sat around her fire pit for a bit...Cozy and playing one of my favorite improv games. When it was time to go, the three of us left in the car were relaxing....Winding down from a fabulous night, we were. Finale time. I don't know if you've heard the opening to Life in Technicolor by Coldplay...but. This song was the best ending to a beautiful night, i could ever think so. It was like a Day - gasm.

Here's what...These days aren't always. We don't often experience nights that you wish could last forever. It was beautiful...It was fabulous...It was memorable. Keep the greatest nights in your mind forever. Piece them together like a scrap book in your head. Remember to remember to remember those nights when you wished that dawn didn't come. Remember to remember to remember the nights with dim sum, laughs, a cozy fire and an easy A.
beGolden and remember always
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment