Monday, September 27, 2010

sometimes it isnt you...taking pride

pride - a sense of ones worth...self-respect

I've been told that it was me for a lot of my life It was me that brought these unfortunate happenings on myself. It was me that made myself upset. People around me always denounced their roles in making me a worse person. People far stronger than me have crashed under this weight. It isn't foolish of me to expect more than i receive though. I've often been the victim. It's a frustrating thing to admit. Then I'm told not to own such a label. I'm not supposed to ever feel victimized. No one is, apparently. I guess it's foolish to be victimized then feel victimized. I've been that it was me for a lot of my life. You probably have too...But here's what...

It isn't always you. It isn't always your fault. It isn't always in your control. Don't be afraid to let it show sometimes. Don't be labeled and don't let anyone tell you how you're supposed to feel. You, I and everyone is beautiful. Take pride in you and all that you are. Don't feel like a victim of the world. You, I and everyone can grow past that and more. Take pride in you.
beGolden and proud.
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment