Monday, September 20, 2010

kitchen miracles and that...Thescapist

Appreciation - sensitive awareness..

Last night I baked sugar cookies for my friends at school. I know..."How gay are you, third-grade Jahmal!?" But it's something I enjoy doing! Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I need something to keep my occupied and happy. Sometimes, that's reading. Sometimes, it's dancing. Sometimes, it's baking. My legs were tired and I didn't want to read at the moment, sooooo...I took out some supplies and baked. Cookies Cookies Cookies. Then I frosted...All the while listening to my favourite soft jams. It was fairly magical actually. I put it all away and made my lunch for Monday and...then I found myself lonely. I had some soup for dinner. I ate it alone. I turned off the music. I was stuck in this moment where (Iknowthisisstupidguys) I felt like I was actually alone and that I would be this way for a very long time. It was at this moment that one of my favourite songs came on. This song, the one I want to hear as I die, made me remember how important the little things were. It made me remember all that I've grown from and all that I adore about being home alone. I hopped in the shower and jumped into bed, prepared for lonely nights for a while.

Sure...We all get lonely and sometimes we feel hopeless. But we're not lonely and we're not hopeless. Life goes on in spite of the rough patches we meet along the road. There's a zen to the universe...remember this. Also...Note how excited and appreciative of these simple, everyday things. You should feel similarly, people. The world is full of things, so small and minor, that we hardly notice them. These things are necessary to personal growth. Appreciate all that the world gives you because you could be SO much more unfortunate. Be excited that you're baking and alone....no one there to judge you when you're dancing in your kitchen....Be happy and continue to appreciate. The minor things are the road to awe.
BeGolden
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment