Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the flower bracelet...letting it come to you.

Self - Fulfilling Prophecy - a concept developed by Robert K. Merton to explain how a belief or expectation, whether correct or not, affects the outcome of a situation or the way a person (or group) will behave.

On Sunday i was searching for a collection of bracelets i own. I have a blue eye, a red eye and a white flower. Blue for peace. Fire for drive. flower for purity. I was searching, fairly desperately at first, for the white flower. Now, do note that i used to have a problem with losing things and it bothered me that i might have restarted an old habit. Also note that a less happy and wise Jahmal B. Golden would break down, cry and go to sleep. I'd dwell on it until it gushed out of my eyes...but I've evolved past that. Instead i told myself that I'd find it. I told myself that I'd find it. I calmed myself before i could emote. It feels better to just relax. Besides...I had something else to be doing. So I walked away from my jewelry box and went to dinner with my mother. Her birthday dinner. I did all i could to calm down and i dedicated a lot of energy to my mother that night. Monday morning, I was scrambling to find something to wear. Clothes...flying. Hats...Tossed. I assembled something i liked but i needed a sweater to go with it. I reach in my closet and pick a gray cardigan...one of my favorites in face. I sling it on and i want out of my house to get to the bus stop. I look at my bare wrist and reach in the sweater pockets to cover them. There it was...purity.

Sometimes it's necessary to let it air out a little. Sometimes it's crucial to just step away from a situation for a moment and let whatever happens happens. Sometimes its important to let your angels step in. If you let the world work it'll surprise you. Give the universe a second and it'll give you what you want. For all that don't know...If you ask for it, it'll come to you. If you you let it come to you, you'll get it. So let it come to you and you'll find it on your front step. Or at a street corner. Or in your pocket...wrapped in a bow.
beGolden and give it some time
Jahmal

No comments:

Post a Comment